PLC Software Engineer
We bring together the most creative minds in science and technology. We develop a revolutionary high throughput Scanning Probe Microscopy system enabling atom-scale resolution 3D metrology at industry-level throughput.
Functie omschrijvingWe develop, test, integrate and qualify the entire software stack of our machine. From low level embedded control to high level user interface and communication with the factory. As part of our software control framework development team, we are looking for a PLC Software Engineer to help developing control algorithms and support in PLC choices. Our PLC stack is based on an EtherCat network controlled by a Beckhoff master PLC. You will help in designing, developing and maintaining functionality of the PLC layer. We have a small PLC team where all members are allowed and expected to work on all aspects of the development. This team is part of the bigger software development team, with expertise in many software development areas. The whole team works in 2 weeks iterations, and we follow an agile process.
The Software Engineer we want has at least 2 years experience in PLC Software Development.
Furthermore, you also need to recognize yourself in the profile as described below.
- MSc. Informatics or technically oriented study.
- Demonstrated to be a “team player” with strong interpersonal skills and a quality orientation.
- Knowledge of the Structured Text programming languages and experience with Codesys based soft PLC’s.
- Strong knowledge of Safety Applications (Human and Machine).
- Experience with Industrial Communication protocols on application/solution level (EtherCAT, CanOpen, RS232/RS485 Serial Comm, TCP/IP, OPC-UA).
We are a growing and learning organization and looking for team player who are eager to learn and grow with us. Next to the required skills it would be nice if you also have experience with the skills below. If you are not experienced with these yet, you will gain those skills for sure when you join us.
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC (Soft and Safety).
- Experience with TwinCat 3.
- Experience with Jira/Kanban/Git/CI-CD.
- Experience with mechatronic systems.
- Knowledge of SEMI S2 and UL quality standards is a plus.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and fast-moving engineering environment, being in contact with customers, suppliers and the other engineers at our company.
- The ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab or cleanroom environment).
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
BedrijfsprofielWe bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop a revolutionary high throughput atomic force microscopy (AFM) system, enabling atom-scale resolution 3D metrology at industry-level throughput. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced metrology machines.
Besides a technically challenging role where you can utilize the full extend of your professional knowledge, we value your work-live balance and the time for some relaxation. Boost your energy by playing a match of table tennis or clear your mind during our weekly run with colleagues.
We rely on each other’s qualities, capabilities and we motivate one another to get the best out of ourselves and each other. We are here to support one another, and colleagues are there to help you. TEAM is very important, Together Everyone Achieves More!